Friday, October 10, 2014

The Hexie Card Making Tutorial: a hexagon paper project



Lets be honest here, I've begun a little love affair with the hexagon. It's been culminating in my sewing adventures BUT it spilled over into my paper crafting when I purchased my Friskars hexagon paper punch. You can find yours in a local craft store which most likely has sales or coupons to keep the initial cost down. I will tell you this, it makes paper piecing pretty simple if you're a sewist (seamstress?).



Here's what you'll need:
Paper punch
Coordinating scrapbook papers
Blank cards
Colored or black fine point markers
Glue stick



Now the first step is to just start punching away. There, that was easy.



Next step is to lay out a plan for your hexes on each card. Once you've done that, use the glue stick to adhere each piece to the card, making sure to get the edges fairly well.



Now that you have your patterns, you can start to embellish your designs using your fine point markers. I like to sketch a word or greeting in pencil before tracing in marker, then going back and erasing the pencil lines after.



As you can see, you can be as simple or as creative as you want. There, you're done. Now that was't so difficult. These make great gifts for fellow sewing or hexagon enthusiasts, and great greetings to use with swap packages or just to say hello. And who doesn't love a little surprise snail mail?

Happy crafting!
- Cheri

3 comments:

Sewn With Grace said...

Oh my gosh I love this! I have all this random paper and am always looking for a card to go with things. Thank you for the cute idea!

cheri said...

I have so much random leftover scrap booking supplies too so finding new ways to use them is a necessary challenge. Can't wait to see some of your cards!!

In-Ji said...

It's a great way to decorate your letter or card! Nice idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...