Monday, October 17, 2011

i love you always

Who doesn't love all the new graphic prints as art out there now? I actually saw this quote on a distressed piece of wood and although it was lovely, it wasn't worth the $100 price tag. So in short, I made my own. For about $2. Much more reasonable, and although very different and much smaller, it works for what I wanted it for.
IMG_0410.jpg

All you need is a printer, an 8x10 canvas and some mod podge. I printed my quote out on regular printer paper and cut to size. Layer your canvas with a very thin layer of mod podge and then apply your paper to the top. Smooth it out and leave to dry. Make sure it's fully dry before attempting the top coat. Once it IS completely dry, layer a thin top coat of mod podge for protection. You use thin layers and allow drying time to avoid bubble. Have patience, and your project will come out almost perfect. Like this:
IMG_0412.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

I bought a 10-pack of 8x10 canvases at Michaels, and used a 40% off coupon for a whopping total of $1.20 per canvas. And just for my lucky readers, I've made this print available to you all for FREE. Yep, free. To download, just go here and click on download original size. Happy canvasing!

1 comment:

embee said...

I love it!! Super cute. I have yet to try diy canvas.... but i should try soon!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...