Monday, June 06, 2011

Maybe I just have too many magazine subscriptions...

I have something to admit. To all of you. I'm ashamed. I picked this wooden crate up...off the side of the road. I know! Shame on me, but free? A girl can't say no when she sees potential. And someday I will be an elderly hoarder surrounded by 'potential'. Let's hope it never comes to that. For now, This box was my next project.
IMG_6488_bin.jpg
I sanded and sanded and then left it outside to dry since the wood was a little wet from the rain. I didn't do much else to it because I really loved the color and the wear and tear, and why work harder than you have to?
IMG_6489_bin.jpg
As you can see, it snugly fits magazines. How perfect.
IMG_6492_bin.jpg
And since I never stop at good enough, I drilled holes on each side and attached some oil rubbed bronze door handles I found at the thrift store, 2 for $1.00. Now I can lift the box easily. And the whole project cost me $1. Come on people. Really?
IMG_6645_bin.jpg

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Martha Stewart ain't got nuthin' on you!

Piper said...

What a deal!

Andrea said...

you find the best things! Love the color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...