Wednesday, November 24, 2010

getting crafty with it, na na na na nana na


Yes, I really did just make you sing that. You're welcome.

I'm really getting tired of all the painting this place requires, so I've mentally taken a break and some time to put a few small Christmas gifts together. I also stamped my own cards this year for a measly 9 dollars. Wahoo. Plus, I got all fancy with them and added little gems to each card. I thought about glitter but then remembered my lifelong hatred for little tiny specs of crap everywhere. If you're sending me a card with glitter on it, I beg you, please reconsider. I open them over the trash can, read them while still in the envelope, and immediately throw them away.

I'm really digging green and blue lately, not sure why but it's sparking a creative twitch in me every time I see the combo. So for Christmas decor I'll be sticking with these muted blues and greens and throwing in a cranberry red. Mmmm, I like it.
IMG_2591_cards.jpgIMG_2592_cards.jpg
I also had some creative inspiration to make more ribbon belts and headbands using these tutorials: felt pom poms, which I don't REALLY love, but might try using upholstery fabric like she suggested, scrunchy rosettes, which I do LOVE and this tutorial which I haven't had time to try yet...can you tell I'm really digging flowers lately? I want them on everything, my shirts, dresses, belts, headbands and necklaces. I'm a bit obsessed. Luckily I haven't had the time to make so many, and most of what I've made is heading out the door as gifts...
IMG_2595_belts.jpgIMG_2596_belts.jpgIMG_2600_bands.jpgIMG_2601_band.jpg
Anyway, HAPPY THANKSGIVING if I don't talk to you tomorrow. I'm off to clean, do laundry, grocery shop and just generally prepare for our guests coming in tonight...and maybe make some more belts, but no, I shall resist!

3 comments:

carrie said...

so can I come Christmas shopping at the Cheri Lehnow residence!!!:) Cute Stuff!!

embee said...

Love all the stuff you made. When are we having crafty time again???

Andrea said...

very cute. I'd trade you cookies for embellished flowers anyday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...